Search Wasak's blog

Wednesday 4 December 2013

FIRST LOVE (episode 10)




 It probably would have been better if I didn’t go back home,  that morning, when I got home, I
 met  everyone searching for my mum’s phone which I switched off after the call. They were already trying to reach the number which didn’t go through. I started thinking of an escape route for what I  caused unaware of the fact that my sister saw me receiving a call. When my parents requested to see the phone with which I was receiving the call, I had no choice than to produce the kidnapped phone. My mum quickly confirmed her account balance…guess you know the rest?

A moment of heavy tongue-lashing followed, as if that was not enough, my punishment for that morning was fasting, yes I was made to forgo my breakfast. I wasn’t moved a bit for I had something more valuable than food or so I thought…
When I later got to my room to ponder over my discussion with Funke, I started wondering why Funke asked me not to trust her, y did she ask me not to put my mind on the relationship, ‘is she planning to jilt me?’ I kept asking myself several questions. Funny enough I answered all the questions the way my heart wanted it…’sure she’ll never break my heart’, I kept assuring myself.
Later that day when I succeeded in getting recharge card from mama chisom via credit, I decided to call Funke, for moments without listening to her voice seemed…eternity. I tried and tried to no avail. Her number didn’t go through, I concluded her battery was probably low. I decided to call later in the night, the only response I got throughout was ‘switched-off’. Same thing the next day, I kept calling …I called to the extent that it became a reflex action…I was even dialing her number unconsciously for two day to no avail!!!
It seemed like the end of the world for me, my heartbeat increased its beating, I lost appetite and only ate little food, my bed was virtually useless for the 2 days, sleep evaded me..all I could do was think, when I didn’t get answers, I thought harder…..Oh love!!!

The next day was Saturday, so i had a lot of work,to do, this actually helped to occupy the vacuum Funke created in my heart
But this was to last for only a short-while, immediately after the house chores, the vacuum resumed from its short vacation.I logged on Tugo to notify Wale of the development perhaps he could help me find a,way out for I truly needed help.
After a few minutes on Tugo ,Funke called, I concluded my eyes were deceiving me or it,was probably a delusion as it had been for the past 3 days. When I finally decided to pick up, I made a decision to query her for her nonchalance ...,..as if I could..
I picked up and asked in a rather apologetic manner why her number wasn't going through in the past few days, her reply befuddled my ears !!! She told me she travelled to write her post-utme and decided to switch off in order for me not to disturb her...

 


At this point I swallowed hard as if to swallow the rage burning up inside me, of course I was burning with rage and melancholy...but who was I to express that before Her majesty?
I started begging her and promised not to disturb her ,i begged her never to switch off her phone, for it was already having effects on me....i was probably speaking to deaf ears even with tears in my eyes as she asked 'who are u to tell me not to switch off?'




No comments:

Post a Comment