Search Wasak's blog

Sunday 15 December 2013

FIRST LOVE (episode 14)


I went straight to Id’s room to see if I could be lucky to get something to eat since the satisfaction I got from the garri I had eaten earlier was only momentary and had therefore expired. Id’s block was actually the dirtiest in the school, although it was a general thing that the hostels are eternally dirty and had probably been like that from its inception. But Id’s block was exceptional; it was dirty with a trademark stamp. L block as it is popularly known was blessed with an evergreen stinkingness, the type which was capable of making a day-old child cover his nose, no thanks to the permanent decay of the drainage system. As such whenever I was going to visit Id who lived on the third floor, I always seized my breath.

When I got to Id’s block I was welcomed by the familiar smell, I sprinted the stairs to his room, and to my surprise, Mt and Ykay were also present. They were about going for night class and it was at that point I remembered that I had a test slated for the next day. ‘Poor boy how far?’ I was greeted by Mt,
‘Rich man I dey o, na because of U I even come here sef, I know sey u go fit help my life’ I answered
‘I no sey u don broke, ur father just dey waste money, e nor know sey woman don carry ur head’ he said amidst a wicked grin.
‘guy bone abeg, I go see small garri smoke for ur side?’ I asked
‘omo mesef don broke o, na Atm side I wan go this night sef and u know sey test dey tomorrow’ he replied.
The ATM in our conversation wasn’t referring to the automated teller machine which disposed money to customers; rather it was the name my guy gave his girlfriend. Truly she performed the function of the machine and therefore Mt had little or no need for the machine. I convinced him after several arguments to allow us go to FCE to see his ATM so we could at least get something for our ever demanding stomachs, we all left Id’s room together , Ykay and Id left for night class, while myself and Mt headed for the FCE.

The road leading to the college was usually busy at night, and on that night it wasn’t any different, against all odds we arrived at the school to the delight of our ATM who was already waiting patiently for MT, when she saw us on that night, gratitude was written all over her, and for once I thought about my Funke, I suddenly wished she turned Funke, for she was the best any guy could ask for, although I knew my wish was impossible for wishes are not horses.

She had prepared fried rice and salad for us, and the mere mention of it, elicited a crazy jubilation from my mouth that was already salivating in a flood-like manner. She requested we eat it in her presence, there in the love garden, but Mt objected much to my advantage for ATM’s presence would have spoilt the show. Mt rose to leave since the ATM had dispensed food which was our goal of visiting. We had hardly gotten to the exit gate of the FCE when a violent storm took over, it started as a cool breeze with a soothing effect on the skin until it started throwing violent objects, it was only then it became clear that we were in for it… I quickly grabbed the most important thing from Mt- the cooler of ATM’s food and the marathon race back to school began!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment