Search Wasak's blog

Tuesday 3 December 2013

FIRST LOVE (episode 8)


The voice at the other end was so shocked that after my outburst she couldn't help asking: 'wasak!!! me?'. Of course even if i were bold enough to shout at her, i wasn't bold enough to affirm it. i immediately apologised to her and told her it was a mistake that I was furious before her call came in which let to the exacerbation of my anger. she was almost crying , she told me no one had ever shouted at her all her life, this got to me , my heart almost stopped beating, I became speechless as my whole body was flooded with regrets. True, i wasn't myself at that moment but that wasn't enough as an explanation for a heart-wrenched Tope.
My sudden outburst on that day turned a blessing for her in disguise. How? my conscience bullied me for my inhumane reaction , and the only way to pacify it was to make Tope happy. As such, i became closer to her, i called her more frequently than ever , I was careful though, in order for her not to perceive my gesture as a love re-union. I skillfully omitted any topic about relationship and love...which girl cares about that as long as there was care?
I rounded off my exams a week after the incident and for once I realised i had missed my family. Throughout the Five months of my departure from home , i never felt nostalgic about home, but immediately after my Exams, a feeling of nostalgia came over me...such Nostalgia that could only be cured by Jumping on the next available Bus to Lagos!!!
I hadnt enough money at the end of my exams to afford me a luxurious bus ticket, i therefore opted for a low cost transport. i boarded an eighteen-seater bus, the Bus itself was enough to detach my mind from the journey for it was so dirty, old and rusty. whoever cared about such when you've been away for months?
The journey was as rough as the bus, the driver, for reasons best known to him opted for a bad route, the mokwa-jebba lane which i s notorious for its well-like pot holes. luck betrayed me since i was sitting as by the window side, i was among the recipients of the violent movement of the bus due to the pot-holes, it was so much that by the time i got home the next day, the journey bore me a swollen head.
My homecoming was a surprise to my peeps , they knew I'd be coming quite alright but the details were well hidden by me. My mum, after examining from head to toe concluded i really suffered at school, that i already lost so much weight...My dad on the other hand jokingly said "your son is not in school, he looks like someone from America"
The semester break was all fun for me , Tope kept pleading with me to come on a date with her, i Initially agreed to go out on a date with her....little did i know events will take a new turn which was to change me forever !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment