Search Wasak's blog

Sunday 1 December 2013

FIRST LOVE (episode 7)



Exams started a week after Tope's call. I really felt pity for her, I knew there was nothing she could do to bring us together... it just wouldn't work ...d required chemistry was totally absent. I wrote my exams as well as the fear in me motivated me to. The fear of failure is d beginning of wisdom for a new student... not all though. I remember don jazz -Mt's roommate, he was the perfect description of a lackadaisical student, he always bragged about how he was able to secure admission in the university despite his woeful performance in the matriculation Exam. such was donsag, whenever he saw people going to class to read, he would mock them by asking:'na my papa born book? It was a day to my last paper when I got another call from a strange number, I thought it was Bisola at it again, nay!!! I was wrong.
The call was from Funke's classmate -Lima. I was so surprised when I for to know she was the one, she said she had called just to inquire about my welfare at school. I was really happy about the , not because someone cared but because of my inner motive. I asked if Funke was nearby, she replied in the negative and promised to call back whenever Funke returned.
and for the first time in so many months I waited impatiently for that call.

 When my phone finally rang, i rejected the call for I already recharged enough airtime for Funke's sake. I called and the voice I heard from the other end couldn't be mistaken, it was Funke's. A sudden wind of joy blew past my heart, it swept me off my feet, it stole my speech, the wave of joy left me dumbfounded. That kind of joy you get when you find a valuable thing you misplaced for long...yes...such was the joy Funke's voice brought to my heart.
I was brought back to reality once again by the same voice that left me in a trance! 'Are u there? ' she asked!!!
'Yessss.... I'm here ' I stammered .
I ve always been a smooth talker but for that moment I was a complete stammerer. I managed to compose myself and inquired about her studies. We talked for over 5 minutes (etisalat to mtn ). Before the call ended, I requested for her number and she promised to call me whenever school vacated. For the remaining part of that day, I was a king .Yes , a king...i did every other thing in a royal manner trying my best to savour the moment of bliss Funke's voice gave me. And for many days later, i kept playing the conversation as i recorded it during the call.
Once again I was back to my old self or rather my real self. I couldn't restrain my mind from daydreaming about Funke. On one of such occasions of my sweet daydreaming, Tope's call came in to interrupt the moment, albeit rudely. I, angered to the extreme picked up the call and shouted 'dont ever call me again in your life !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment