Search Wasak's blog

Wednesday 18 December 2013

FIRST LOVE (episode 15)

One way or the other the hitherto busy highway which led to FCE was almost deserted when the storm started and for a moment I wondered whether the cars disappeared or flew away like planes. Whichever it was wasn’t material at that moment, what was more important was conveying the food to the hostel safely. We ran as if our lives depended on it, I had witnessed uncountable rainfall in Lagos, but in the north rainfall was entirely different. It is usually accompanied by violent wind, a merciless one at that which respects nothing on its way.


By the time we returned to school, we were completely wet and cold, we went straight to Mt’s room and unluckily for us the room was in its usual state, filled to its capacity due to visitors who come to play video games. I cursed myself inwardly for being so unlucky, and my heart felt pity for me, because I could feel it was almost in tears.

Actually there’s love in sharing, but 10 hungry students sharing a meal meant for two students was no love, it’s a plain disaster, I made up my mind to give it whatever it takes so as to make the most out of our hard-earned food. As soon as we entered, the boys already knew what was going on, Mt threw me a spoon, other people in the room fetched their own cutleries, about four boys went outside to get their own weapons to devour the food, and in a flash don jazz locked them outside, they only realized they were out of the contest when they returned, they cursed and tried to force their way through to no avail. As such the population was reduced from 11 to 7 much to my delight, we started devouring the food in no time, I later dropped my weapon since it was too slow and ate with my bare hands while sitting on the floor, there were just 3 pieces of meat in the food and with a reflex action, I dipped my hand in the cooler and out I ran, clutching the meat tightly in my right hand. I literally jumped the stair case till I got downstairs, when I was sure none was chasing me, I walked quietly to my room, all my roommates were asleep, I thanked my stars, bolted the door and enjoyed my piece of meat with three cups of water, and in that way the ever-demanding landlords of my stomach were pacified.

Need I say after all the struggle from FCE to room 33 in Q block (MT’s room) and my 100 meters race after stealing the meat, I was really exhausted, when the idea of reading for my test came to my mind I simply waved it off and chose the part of comfort. I lay on my mattress and wandered off to dreamland, not even the almighty snoring of my roommate could stop me!!!

I never believed what was happening to me at that moment, i couldn't even think of the chronology of events which led me to that place. The best i could remember was that Funke came to my room and informed me that she had a surprise for me , i was surprised she could be so bold despite that our relationship wasn't up to that level. When i inquired what the surprise was , she asked me to close my eyes, i suddenly started feeling cool breeze all over me, i moved a step further and discovered i was in a different planet entirely, a heavenly fragrance invaded my sense of smell, i couldn't resist the urge to open my eyes. When i did my guess was confirmed. I found myself lying next to My Queen - Funke. We were lying on flowers, the whole place was covered with flowers of different colours and fragrance. I tried to rise to my feet when Funke came over me, she placed her lips on mine and brought her tongue out,i did same to receive her sweetness , i could feel the whole of her weight on me, as we locked ourselves up in passion i felt her bosoms brushing against my chest , 'this must be heaven ' i kept repeating to my mind.

I exchanged positions with her and came on top, we kept repeating the process amidst ecstatic moaning and pleasure. I found myself in a web of feeling i never experienced since i was born, one i started wishing would last forever.

'Idio.t u no go stand up? I heard a voice from nowhere, i opened my eyes to discover it was Mt, i quickly looked around and found myself in the hostel, it was at that point in time i discovered that all the moaning and kissing was a dream, i quickly closed my eyes to continue from where we stopped, i saw nothing, i closed it tighter,yet i couldn't find Funke nor the garden.

'Guy u dey craze o ! Y u go wake me na?' i shouted at Mt.
'Idi.ot check time ' he replied.
I picked up my phone which was under my pillow and discovered it was just few minutes to 8. I remembered the test and jumped out of my bed to wash my face, for i was late already and couldnt afford to take my bath !
I adopted the boarding school style of rub and shine on that morning. Rub and shine is not the process of applying polish to leather shoes to make them shine, rather ‘rub and shine’ is the process of applying Vaseline on one’s skin without bathing. This is the style many students adopted back then in secondary school in order to avoid the everlasting queue for water and at the same time meet up with the breakfast in dinning. Breakfast in boarding school was a golden opportunity which when missed will never be regained.
We hurried to school in other not miss the test even though we were already late. On our way, I stopped over at the aboki shop to get recharge card on credit; this action of mine infuriated MT as he found it irrational for someone who was already late for a test to jeopardize it further. He walked away angrily while I went ahead to get recharger card, after a session of familiarity chat with the Aboki, I succeeded in getting recharge card to call my Queen, I dialed her number while I continued walking to the faculty, she was particularly lively that morning probably due to my performance the previous night. Each time I listen to her voice, she reminds me of Celine Dion’s ‘a new day has come’, it was no different on that particular morning, her voice gave me hope in hitherto hopeless situation, her voice intoxicated me in sober situations. After the call, I smiled my way to the faculty.
Mt wasn’t a friend, he couldn’t pass for an enemy either, never. He was simply a brother, I least expected him to reserve a seat for me after what appeared to him as foolishness on my part. Immediately I stepped in the lecture hall, he started waving me from afar to join him on the seat he reserved for me, I got to the seat and teased him in hush tones; ‘ I think sey u no go hold seat for me na’. The lecturer was already on the podium but was receiving a call; I kept praying silently in my mind that she changes her mind about the test.
My prayer was probably sent on a 3g network for Mrs. Lecturer announced that the she had a meeting to attend and therefore the test was rescheduled to the next class. My joy knew no bounds but I concealed it in order not to incur the wrath of serious students who were disappointed by the lecturer’s announcement. I rose from my seat and searched for Ykay with my eyes, I caught him at the front seat, and I gave him a wicked grin which produced a priceless look on his face.
Myself, Mt and Ykay returned to the hostel- Mt’s room, it was only when we got to his room that he informed me that he had only noodles in his locker, I was disappointed because I knew I was in for a day of hunger which had just begun. Noodles belong to the group of food I’ve never tasted in my life; as such I walked dejectedly to my room, while Ykay laughed loudly in vengeance to what I did earlier in the class.
None of my roommates were around when I got to the room, even if they were I was assured of not getting a grain of Garri from any of them, they were all introverts and we hardly conversed save for moments of quarrel. I drank enough water to substitute the food which was unavailable, after which I laid gently on my bed and started playing one of the many recorded conversations from my numerous calls with Funke till hunger brought slumber upon me…..

No comments:

Post a Comment